KVC West Virginia continues to make a positive difference in the lives of hundreds of West Virginia children and families.
Spotlight on Providers
In this section, we profile KVC staff and partners who are making a difference.
Each year, we recognize one family as the KVC Resource Parents of the Year.
How To Become A Foster Parent
Each year, hundreds of local children are removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or other challenges. These kids and teenagers need the support of a caring foster family.
How To Become An Adoptive Parent
KVC West Virginia helps match children in foster care with loving forever families through adoption. We work exclusively with children that are placed through the Department of Health and Human Resources
Parenting and Mental Health eBooks & Videos
Find helpful guides, assessments and videos on topics like parenting, mental health, ways to help children in crisis and more.
How to Become an Adoptive Parent
KVC West Virginia helps match children in foster care with loving forever families through adoption. We work exclusively with children that are placed through the Department of Health and Human Resources; we do not provide private or international adoption services at this time.
Becoming an adoptive parent through KVC is the same process as becoming a foster parent. Our professional staff are ready to answer any questions that you have about requirements, starting the application process, and when our next training classes begin.
Eligibility criteria are as follows. You must:
- Be between ages 21 and 65
- Be either single or married
- Meet basic income guidelines
- Meet WV Child Placing Regulations regarding a safe and healthy home environment
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to complete 30 hours of free training in PRIDE (Parent Resource Information Development and Education), as well as CPR/First Aid, Crisis De-escalation (MANDT) and other similar courses
- Agree to use non-physical discipline for children
- Be willing for everyone in your household to undergo complete background checks (FBI, CIB, DHHR, and Statement of Criminal Record).