Our goal is to keep children with their own families and communities, providing wraparound services to make reunification possible. We also provide foster care, adoption, and in-home therapy.
KVC West Virginia continues to make a positive difference in the lives of hundreds of West Virginia children and families.
Spotlight on Providers
In this section, we profile KVC staff and partners who are making a difference.
Each year, we recognize one family as the KVC Resource Parents of the Year.
How To Become A Foster Parent
Each year, hundreds of local children are removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or other challenges. These kids and teenagers need the support of a caring foster family.
How To Become An Adoptive Parent
KVC West Virginia helps match children in foster care with loving forever families through adoption. We work exclusively with children that are placed through the Department of Health and Human Resources
Parenting and Mental Health eBooks & Videos
Find helpful guides, assessments and videos on topics like parenting, mental health, ways to help children in crisis and more.
First Star KVC West Virginia Academy Application
Thank you for your interest in the First Star KVC West Virginia Academy.
For consideration as a participant, please complete and submit the full application. You can download the two-part application in entirety or select to download just the portion of the form you are completing, if you are completing the form over the course of multiple working sessions. Complete the form (both the Adult Recommendation and Scholar Interest forms). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
There are two ways you can complete your application:
- Complete and submit via two online forms, linked below.
- You will receive a confirmation email for each form submission.
- You will receive a copy of each form submission emailed to you.
- Download and print the word documents, linked below.
- Complete and scan each document
- Submit via email to email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation and a copy of your submission at the email address you provide in the forms.
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: FS Scholar Application – Insert Scholar’s Last Name
Deadline and Inclusions
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The full application packet that you email to email@example.com must include:
- Full Application
- Adult Recommendation Form
- Scholar Interest Form
- Student’s most recent transcript, attendance record and discipline log from current school