At the start of each school year, children and teens in foster care often don’t have access to essential school supplies that are key to academic success. As we prepare for the 2019-20 school year, KVC wants to ensure that each child in our care is fully prepared when they return to school in the fall.
We invite you to extend a helping hand to children in your local community by donating new backpacks, pens, pencils, calculators, binders and more to your local KVC office! By donating a backpack filled with new school supplies, you are giving a child the best possible start to a successful school year!
We need your help to provide basic school supplies for children in foster care in our community including:
- One sturdy backpack in a solid color
- 3-ring binders (at least 2.5 inches)
- Boxes of tissues
- Black, blue, or red pens
- Highlighters in various colors
- Crayons – 24 count
- Number 2 pencils
- Glue sticks
- Pocket folders in various colors
- Graph paper
- Wide-rule notebook paper and spiral notebooks
- College-rule notebook paper and spiral notebooks
- Index cards
- Fill a backpack with all the supplies listed!
- See a good deal and stock up on one or two items – we will sort and fill back backs for you!
- Donate gift cards for uniforms or supplies not listed
Items can be dropped off at the KVC West Virginia office nearest you. To find a local office, please visit our locations page.
We know the summer months are a busy time, so if you don’t have time to shop, please consider helping by making an online donation noted for the back-to-school supply drive, and our volunteers will do the shopping for you! Rest assured that all designated donations will go directly towards purchasing school supplies for children and youth in foster care.
The needs of children and families are countless, and KVC could not provide school supplies for every child currently in foster care without individual, community and corporate support and contributions.